The Missouri and Illinois Departments of Transportation are committed to ensuring that all segments of the local community benefit from the economic impact and job creation that the New Mississippi River Bridge project will provide – including those communities that will be served by the project.
As with all projects using Federal funds, both DOTs require Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) firms complete a percentage of the work. This includes both minority and woman owned businesses (MBE and WBE). Both states are continually striving for higher percentages of all DBEs on the river bridge project. In addition, each state offers technical and managerial assistance to help those DBEs desiring to work with the department.
Both Illinois and Missouri are proactively working to address the development and preparation of qualified minority contractors and workers for the upcoming construction phase of their project.
- November 9, 2011: Information Sharing meeting
- June 17, 2011: Illinois letting
- July 30 , 2010: Illinois Letting
- March 19, 2010: Illinois Approach letting (item 289). There are additional MRB projects in this letting. Bids are scheduled to be opened April 23. (Page 55)
- March 5, 2010: Illinois Letting
- January 27, 2009: Missouri Approach bid opening date. Bid opening information.
- December 8, 2009: Main Span bid opening date.
- November 6, 2009: Illinois Letting.
- October 30, 2009: Project advertised to solicit bids from contractors.
- One of the goals for the project is ensuring that minorities and females are being represented among the workforce for the construction of the main span and other projects. As construction projects continue, the hours and percentages will change.
- Commercially Useful Function (CUF) Workshop - June 10, 2011 (155 Kb, pdf)
- Joint Venture and Partnering seminar - Nov. 10(118 KB)
- Suppliers Exposition for Contractors - Nov. 5(393 KB)
- Supplier Exposition for Suppliers - Nov. 5(788 KB)
- View archived meeting materials.